H-1B Expert Opinion Letter

(also known as a specialty occupation expert opinion letter)

What is an H-1B Expert Opinion Letter?

An H1B Expert Opinion Letter is used to address specialty USCIS specialty occupation requirements. Experts who work with ProfVal have written letters on behalf of candidates now employed by Fortune 500 companies, consulting firms, small businesses, startups and nonprofits.

                     DID YOU KNOW?                     


In the second quarter of 2020,

35.8% of H1-B petitions received an RFE.

Approximately  68.2% of petitions received 

an approval after an RFE. 


For comparison, 22.3% of petitions in 2015 received 

an RFE.

USCIS, Form I-129 Quarterly reports (FY 2015-2020 Q2)


The reason for this increase is largely due to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) seeking out a higher standard of proof for approving these petitions, as required by an April 2017 Presidential Executive Order (2) and subsequent USCIS memorandums (3).

An H-1B Expert Opinion Letter from ProfVal can help USCIS agents ascertain: i) whether your position meets specialty occupation requirements (an H-1B is a specialty occupation visa) and ii) whether or how you or your candidate’s credentials meet the criteria for the position offered.  ProfVal’s expert opinion letters will include an in-depth expert analysis completed and signed by an expert within the candidate’s discipline.  


An H-1B expert opinion letter from ProfVal can thus help a USCIS agent understand your case and may reduce the probability of an Request for Information (RFE), rejection letter after an RFE, or other delays

Who are the experts?

Professors - Emmy Winners - an Olympian

Executives - PhDs - Thought Leaders

What kind of H-1B Expert Opinion Letter do I need?

Purchase the services you need, not the ones you don't.

What must your letter address?

It needs to discuss the position only

It needs to discuss the position & academic credentials

I need a Standard Specialty Occupation (H-1B) Evaluation.
I need a Specialty Occupation (H-1B) Evaluation that discusses my academic credentials

It needs to show the US equivalence of a foreign degree

You may need an academic transcript evaluation

It needs to discuss how work experience is equal to a degree

You may need a work experience evaluation

I earned my degree at an accredited US college or university

admin@profval.com / contact page / 800.348.0086

© 2019, 2020 Profval LLC

Nothing contained herein constitutes legal

advice, nor is it intended to offer legal advice. 

linkedin follow.png